Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Live in the moment!

Every morning I wake up and immediately photography is the first thing on my mind. And after I've fallen asleep, it enters my dreams. But lately all I can think about is going home. Why is it that I am in this beautiful continent of Europe and all I can think about is leaving it?

I miss my family, friends and my Miso, that's why. I love traveling, and most of all finding beauty in unique places, but Bridge and Photoshop don't talk and they won't go to lunch with me either, "hmph." Facebook and Twitter keep me connected to life in San Diego, but like I said before there are no deep conversations over a good bottle of red wine. I am beginning to wonder if I can still carry a decent conversation.

Thank goodness for Brian and his infinite wisdom, he always reminds me to live for today, not yesterday and not tomorrow, but today! Focus on the opportunities you have available today, and not tomorrow, or the next day or next year.

Here are some images from our trip to Scotland. Everything is so ancient, so I couldn't help but think in in terms of old school photography. I love grain and sepia tones!

It was nice to be with my sister and brother in a foreign country, plus Brian and I needed help drinking Scotland's beer!













































2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one know you can still carry on a decent conversation. But if you need help, I will share that red wine with you and Miso...

    ReplyDelete