Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

What is your New Year's Resolution?

Since the new year is all about new beginnings and hopes for the future, I have decided on my resolution for 2009; I am going to read more. And I am going to start with the business section. Technically I started reading business books last year, but I am making it a point to read even more because there's an endless supply. Also I'll review whatever I read on the blog for those of you who are interested.

The first book on my list doesn't adhere to the business section, but I have heard great things about it and it pertains to photography. It's called Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eismann also know as the Photoshop Diva. You might recognize her voice from the Photoshop tutorials that come with an Adobe Creative Suite product. If you are just learning Photoshop you should probably start with another book that is geared towards beginners, but if you are advanced enough for this book, it has some great tips on portrait and glamour retouching that I've heard is worth its weight in gold.

I hope your New Year brings you peace and happiness! Here is a quick look at some of our pictures from Siem Reap, Cambodia. They almost give a false sense of reality because the temples were littered with people so Brian and I kept an eye out for golden moments, which is what you see below. We spent a majority of the time hustling to the next temple and then waiting for a clean shot. I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
















1 comment:

  1. I can almost see tigers or monkeys coming out of those temples.
    My resolution is to write more and learn photography.

    ReplyDelete